Tuesday, July 21, 2009

When I Fail

I read a devotional today by David Wilkerson. It reminded me of myself sometimes. He spoke of Adam's sin, and how he tried to hide from God. He also pointed out the truth that something much worse than failure is the fear that goes with it.

I thought of my many failures in the past and how, even though He holds us responsible to face their consequences, God always receives us with love and open arms. He doesn't get "mad" at us. Because of what Jesus did for us, and if we follow Him, we don't have to fear God. We can immediately come to Him and tell a Father who will receive us with more love than we can comprehend.

It also gives me hope for the future. As I follow God through Christ, I can know that He will help me as I face the consequences of my failure. Even then as I acknowledge Him, He will "direct my paths."

The path God has for us always leads us to and in Christ. To find His abundant life, we must follow His lead. Satan is a liar and wants us to believe there is no hope. But there is every hope in Jesus. That fact that you are reading this is evidence that God is reaching out to you. The Bible says we can't even consider God with the Holy Spirit calling us. (John 6:44)

Imagine a life of peace and abundance in the midst of the troubles of life. We are more than conquerors in Christ. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28, NIV)

Have you failed? I know I have, many times. It doesn't matter how bad. No matter where you have failed, you are not out of God's reach and help. Don't fear Him and His guidance.

When I fail, I trust it to God.

Romans 8:35, 37-39 (NIV): Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: