Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Marvelous, Infinite, Matchless Grace

Why is God's grace so important to you and me? It is important because without it, we simply have no hope whatsoever. We need God's grace. God's grace goes beyond the guilt and sin we needlessly drag through our lives. God gives it without expecting or accepting payment. It is that gift that comes only through the work of Jesus Christ. It is that gift which glorifies the Father and forever makes us right with Him.

Do you carry with you the burden of guilt of past sin? God's grace will set you free. He has paid your debt already. Do you have trouble "dropping" the weight of guilt you feel? Never hesitate to give it to Him. He will take it. And if you feel that burden again, give it to Him again, and again, and again, until you can find it no more. "Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin? Thank God! The answer is Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 7:24-25, NLT)

Perhaps Paul can show us the way. He said, "For when I tried to keep the law, I realized I could never earn God's approval. So I died to the law so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ." (Galatians 2:19, NLT)

I cannot rid myself of the sin and guilt that is mine. I can only ask, and trust that through the work of Jesus, God will take it away. And I find that when I serious lay before Him my sin, honestly seeking His forgiveness, He is faithful, and just to forgive my sin and cleanse me from ALL unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9) That is His promise. That is my only hope.

"I have swept away your sins like the morning mists. I have scattered your offenses like the clouds. Oh, return to me, for I have paid the price to set you free." (Isaiah 44:22, NLT) It is already done. He is waiting for you to accept. He is waiting for you to return to Him.

No comments: