Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Grace Enough

There have been times in my life when I felt I was at the end... not the end of life but the end of life as I knew it. There seemed to be no hope. As far back as I can remember I've wanted to let God handle things, but there were times when He didn't even seem to be there. Then He would remind me to "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5) Whenever I listened and obeyed (as hard as that is sometimes), God always came through. He has grace enough to see us through.

The power of grace is enough to forgive us of all sins. It leads us through storms created by our own sins, but also sin in general. But we must be willing to come before Him with humble hearts to receive such grace. Proverbs 3:34 says, "He mocks proud mockers but gives grace to the humble." The grace of God is available to all who will come to Him and freely receive it.

What we can expect when we experience the grace of God is beyond measure. Words like freedom, relief, refreshment, laughter, joy, and more come to mind. We no longer have to be negative and judgmental, we become more tolerant toward others. Guilt no longer is used to control others or to be controlled by others. In fact, all of the "tough" things the Bible encourages us to do in relationship with others, and with God, becomes possible. We become free of to love, forgive and experience forgiveness. God's grace is enough.

No comments: