Monday, August 3, 2009

God Loves Those Who Have "Messed Up Their Lives"

Some people are pretty proud of themselves. They reflect on their "good lives" and think, "God must be quite proud of me. I'm better than most people in the world. I do more good than bad and if you compare me with most people I know, I would rank very high on the 'good scale.' My good 'definitely' outweighs the bad." There is danger with this attitude.

Then there are those of us who have made some serious blunders in life. We've messed up. And some of us are struggling, even now, to rise up out of it. We think, "How could God even LOOK at me, much less love me?"

The truth is that those of us who have recognized our "miserable failure," are closer to being right with God than those who are "secure in their goodness." The path to God (or back to God), MUST pass through the "valley of remorse and repentance."

God's love for us is never based on our goodness or accomplishment. His love is always the same, and that is greater than our capacity to comprehend. It is always through Christ. His response to us, in our "messed up" lives, is always a result of His love. He has made time for us to receive His forgiveness and help during this time of need. Without His help, we will still be without hope.

Those in desperate need and the greatest danger are those who trust in their own goodness. Because of false security they do not recognize the danger. (see Rev. 3:15-16) A "good" life without Christ is still "messed up."

"Today" is the day for you. Turn to the only hope. Start your journey today. God's Word will show you the way. "For he says, 'In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.' I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation." (2 Cor. 6:12, NIV)

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

Kandi said...

Thanks Pastor Randy. I really needed this today.